總網頁瀏覽量

2016年7月5日 星期二

PTSD

PTSD
post-traumatic stress disorder 創傷壓力症候群
Sebastian Junger演講人
演講主題
Our lonely society makes it hard to come home from war    讓退伍軍人歸途難行的孤獨社會

Sebastian Junger a war reporter for 15years
Sebastian Junger擔任戰地記者15年多

This was about a year before 9/11, and America wasn't at war yet.
距離911事件發生前一年,美國還沒向阿富汗開戰

 We weren't talking about PTSD. We were not yet talking about the effect of trauma and war on the human psyche. 
人們還沒開始討論PTSD.我們還沒開始討論,戰正對精神的創傷

I'd been in Afghanistan for a couple of months with the Northern Alliance as they were fighting the Taliban. 
曾經整個月跟美軍跟北約軍隊,待在前線跟塔利班戰鬥

We saw some very ugly things. But I didn't really think it affected me. I didn't think much about it.
曾經在戰場上看過醜陋的事物,但他不認為那會影響他,所以他沒多想

I came home to New York, where I live. Later, I found out that what I had was short-term PTSD: post-traumatic stress disorder.
當他回到紐約後,他發現他得到了短期的PTSD,也就是創傷症候群

 you want to react to unfamiliar noises. You want to sleep lightly, wake up easily. You want to have nightmares and flashbacks of the thing that could kill you.
你會想對不熟悉的噪音作出反應。 你會淺眠,而且很容易驚醒。 你就會做噩夢並回憶起 那些差點把你殺掉的事情。

Most people recover from that pretty quickly. It takes a few weeks, a few months. 大部分的人們可以很快恢復,可能幾周或幾個月


About 20 percent of people, however, wind up with chronic, long-term PTSD.
有百分之20的人, 遭受著慢性的、 長期的創傷後壓力症。

They are not adapted to temporary danger. They are maladapted for everyday life, unless they get help. 他們要面對的不是短期的危險,而是長期的無法融入日常生活,除非他們尋求幫助

1 則留言:

  1. Good!
    請把重點的keywords(中英的單字)跟sentences(重要的中英句子)列出來。

    回覆刪除